Tuesday, March 22, 2005

News: Psychology

Psychology's my pet subject, what can I say? I was reading the AP and there's a whole bunch of psychology news today for some reason:
The Upside of Hypomania. A hypomanic episode is a smaller-scale manic episode. It's linked to creativity--not necessarily *better* output, but a lot *more* of it.
Some people think that plastic surgery is too extreme, but even the most extreme plastic surgery is nothing compared to Body Integrety Identity Disorder: a disorder that makes a person want to amputate their limbs. I've..never even heard of this before. It's not even in the DSM yet.
And this is pretty bad: teenage girls' acceptance of abuse. According to a study done in the UK, more than 4/10 believed that it was okay for their boyfriends to get aggressive in "certain circumstances". Many believe that aggression is part of life.

0 Comments:

<< Home