The latest from Debbie Downer
Feeling too happy? Unable to wipe that big dumb smile off your face? Can't stop thinking about puppies and flowers and Christmas?
I think that our friends at the Pentagon can help. According to NBC, the Pentagon has been using your tax dollars for monitoring peace demonstrations.
Which gives you more street cred--being on Bill O'Reilly's list, or being on the Pentagon's list?
By the way, for those who keep track of that kind of thing, this is yet another way that the Iraq War parallels the Viet Nam war. The Pentagon also kept track of Viet Nam War protesters. I wasn't around, but from everything I've picked up, they must've had their hands full.
The Pentagon is also coming out with a $300 mil stealth PR campaign, putting pro-American messages into foreign media without disclosing who it's by. Okay, #1, it's not stealth if everybody knows about it. And #2, this is so wrong on so many levels. I put it this way: if Saudi Arabia were to do the same to us, we'd certainly be pissed.


2 Comments:
I like how they monitored the Quakers. Those bearded folk must be sympathetic to Al Qaeda. Or wait, maybe I'm thinking of the Amish...
Bill O'Reilly's list appears to be invite-only, but for the Pentagon, all you have to do is grow a scary-looking beard, go to an anti-war rally, or join the ACLU.
Post a Comment
<< Home