It depends on what your definition of "great" is.
I don't understand how the Administration can brag about our great economy when for a growing segment of the population, housing is becoming unaffordable and energy costs are going to go up 25%--forcing many families to choose between "heat or eat".
Christ, you know that 11.9% of American families were "food insecure" last year? The rising heating costs, the rising housing costs--this number is only going to go up for this year. Who is this good economy good for? Who is benefiting from all of this "growth"?


2 Comments:
"Food Insecure"? There's a new one. Doesn't mean "hungry" by any chance, does it? I guess then the ones benefitting would be the "food secure". That sounds so much better than "rich". "Rich" has all these ugly connotations like greed and lack of concern for the "food insecure".
I'm actually not sure what it means. Could mean that you don't know where your next meal is coming from. Could mean having to choose between food and rent.
Post a Comment
<< Home