Friday, December 16, 2005

Schadenfreude?

A New Orleans company is offering bus tours of Hurricane Katrina wreckage. Is this sick, or just a way to help people cope?
My guess is that nobody'd spend $35 to look at the devastation if they weren't serious about it. I'm not like this, but I know people who really need a visual in order for something to really sink in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mags said...

This is crazy. The least these tourists could do is help clean up or uncover yet another hidden dead body or two.

(http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/
story/0,1280,-5484756,00.html)

10:09 PM  
Blogger The Green Panda said...

At least part of the profit goes to charity.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Apparently it's lack of schadenfreude. What's the German term for that? I just heard about these tours and am disturbed by them. I was in NYC not too long after September 11th and they were selling post cards everywhere with the plane crashing into the tower. Yikes!

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home