Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Baghdad burning

Wow, I'm really glad that I sold my plane tickets to Baghdad and decided to drive to Miami instead, because I would not want to be in Baghdad right now. Baghdad isn't...burning, really. It's just under the control of a Shi'ite militia. (Thanks to Angry Arab for story). Part of the Supreme Counsil for Islamic Revolution in Iraq deposed the mayor and put one of their own people in his place.

Question: why would they want to take over a city with no water and no power?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I thought you were referring to the blog Baghdad Burning! ha!

I'm not certain I'd like to be in Miami either tho. Canada's looking fabulous with their gay marriage and univeral healthcare...damn.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to mention that it isn't 90 degrees in Canada right now.

I know these guys who have snuck across the Rio Grande to be here. My sister and I, we were telling them about universal health care and now they're thinking about sneaking into Canada.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home