Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Serious Question

I haven't been following the American political scene for very long, so I honestly have no perspective on how bad the Bush administration really is. Am I naive to think that politics aren't usually this sleazy? Or, to put it another way,
If political logging had been around in 1992, and I'd had a political log about everything that's sleazy and wrong about the Clinton Administration, could I have updated it five days a week?
Could the Suburban Guerrilla update ten times a day? Could that Atrios guy update like, every hour? Would Atrios get hundreds of thousands of hits per day, four hundred comments in thirty minutes, from people who hate the Clinton Administration just as much as him?

You know it's bad when it's considered a huge, breaking-news story when the President takes responsibility for shit that's his fault. Biggest news all day, because this guy doesn't take responsibility for anything. Notice that he doesn't even apologise. Notice that he only did this after his poll numbers reached record lows.

4 Comments:

Blogger DBK said...

You lucky duck, you got here just in time to observe the most corrupt presidential administration in all of US history.

You ought to be very pleased. If you had waited a little longer you might have missed it.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

"Most corrupt administration"

Let's see...unsolved murder of WhiteHouse counsel Vince Foster....umm...another dude named Brown who went down mysteriously in a plane-crash with a number of people with knowledge against Slick Willy's administration....should I go on?
How about a president who had the nerve to say...under oath, mind you...before the whole world..."It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
Cocaine and reefer parties in the west-wing. Sex with young interns. Blowjobs behind the desk in the oval office on Easter Sunday.
Nuclear secrets given away to our chinese "friends".
Gawd, how you people have decieved each other and yourselves.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard about those. I know he was accused, but I thought that nothing really came of it. That they never found anything.

Bill Clinton is a sleaze, but cocaine and reefer parties in the White House..you sure you're not thinking of JFK?

5:10 PM  
Blogger Travis (♀) said...

Oh for gods sake--I'll take a blow-loving lech any day. Honestly, I'm no Clinton fan and, yes, his administration was corrupt (though not compared to Reagan's) but what I think really is different now is that no one even seems compelled to cover up the fucked up crimes of the administration. If Watergate had happened today, there would be no blank tape, just Scott McClellan explaining that we thought there were AlQuaeda operatives in the Democratic Party offices and so the breakins were imperative to preserve homeland security. Sheesh.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home