It took me a while, but I finally found some relatively cheerful news to post on
Good news: the inquiry into the Federal Government's slow response to Hurricane Katrina will not be led by President Bush, but by a bipartisan Senate committee. Because how dumb is it to have the guy who is probably responsible for this mess leading the investigation? It's just like the time that OJ pledged to find the real killer. Also, I understand that Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist requested this inquiry?
Michael Brown is not getting off either. Time Magazine has looked into his past and found that the official biography about him is misleading. He's cited as an assistant city manager, when he was actually an assistant to the city manager. Kind of like an intern. They also found that five of the eight head FEMA officials had no disaster experience. Three had direct ties to Bush's 2000 campaign, including Michael Brown.
Update: Michael Brown just got canned.


8 Comments:
you really cant hold the bush government totally responsible.. I dont think anyone would be totally prepared for a disaster of this magnitude... I don't think we should be politicing or rascising this issue
Jah, there's some things that couldn't be helped. Like half the New Orleans police force walking off the job. Some parishes got hit that weren't supposed to be hit.
There was no transportation out of town--probably the local government's fault.
What I do have a problem with is that 1. the federal government didn't act fast enough, 2. Bush put an incompetent idiot in charge of peoples' lives, and 3. Bush was pretty flippiant about the whole thing, at least until people started getting really, really pissed off with him.
He said also that nobody could anticipate that the levees would burst, which is an all-out lie. Venice is sinking, the Pisa tower is falling over, and a catergory 4+ hurricane would turn New Orleans into Lake New Orleans. All people know this. I remember hearing about it back when I was a kid, and I'm not even from there.
Best. Quote. Ever.
"You're doin' a heckuva job Brownie!" - GW Bush
It's the #1 quote that *should* have been sarcastic, but was said with absolute sincerity.
Ugg-I'm irratated my the first comment-"you can't hold the Bush government totally responsible." Oh yes you can. And all the FEMA guys, W's college friends. NO frickin experience at all. FEMA's good guys were forced out or were fired. FEMA used to be a good group. it completely sucks that they are under homeland security. Which is a joke.
@ paintergirl:
Louisiana/N.O are blue states...period. So in the immediate aftermath of hurricane katrina if anybody failed the people then its the democrats... who are directly responsible for the fiasco... if it needs be politicising why is the federal government being lambasted, granted its the utlimate duty of the federal government and they have not done a good job but why are Gov. Blanco / mayor Nagin being let off scott free???
Even the red cross web site states that the lousiana state government requested that food and other items be not mobilised into the state as it would prevent people from evacuating.....
Everybody has a part to play, so sitting on ones back and blaming the federal government will not suffice. If Jindal had won the elections I am sure the outcome would be different.... the incompetency of the blue state has come to the fore front... so do not turn a blind eye to it
Louisiana is a red state. At least it was in the 2004 election.
Louisiana Governor Blanc is a democrat.... the state is run by democrats.
Post a Comment
<< Home