Monday, August 29, 2005

The Ultimate Liberal

Wow, I've heard of being anti death penalty, but Iraq's President, Jalal Talabani, takes it to a whole new level. He won't even kill Saddam Hussein. Says that he won't sign Hussein's death sentence. Bear in mind that a death sentence for Saddam is still hypothetical--oh who are we kidding, he's guilty as hell, he used human shields dammit. The only deliberating that the jury is going to do is on which is better, hanging or the electric chair?
I'm against the death penalty. At least in practice. But this is Saddam Fucking Hussein we are talking about here. I'd throw the switch myself.
Then again, perhaps Talabani is right. If Saddam Hussein dies, he becomes a martyr. Perhaps it is better that he rot away in jail?

2 Comments:

Blogger mary bishop said...

I say rot away in jail, but minus the cheese puffs he seems to love so much...

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And no book deals either.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home