More questions
1. If spying on Americans without a warrant is legal, as Bush claims, then why did he ask the Times not to report it? (link by angry arab) If it was the right thing to do, why did he want to hide it?
2. There were other, legal ways to get a wiretap on somebody. They could have gone through the FISA court and gotten a warrant in minutes. They could have even spied anyway and gotten a warrant after the fact--also legal, surprisingly enough. It was not necessary to break the law.


3 Comments:
...he ask the Times not to report it?
I think that was a NYT dodge. The story I heard was that they delayed the report to coincide with the release of a book by the original story's author.
Base commerce wins again. Go figure.
w/ regard to kvatch,
I can't decide which would be worse, to be honest. The government censoring the press or the press censoring itself.
And I have noticed the President using words like "gathering information", "monitoring", etc--all friendlier ways of saying "spying."
Post a Comment
<< Home