Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Warning: this post may cause cognitive dissonance

Still believe that illegally wiretapping Americans is justified because it protects us? Still believe that what Bush did is ok, because he has our best interests at heart? Then you might not like what Slate has to say:
A former telecom executive told us that efforts to obtain call details go back to early 2001, predating the 9/11 attacks and the president's now celebrated secret executive order.
They were doing this shit before 9/11? Not only was the NSA spying on people for no clear reason, it didn't even help protect us.

Props to Alternate Universe.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mags said...

Ugh.

That's all I can say.

4:00 AM  
Blogger mary bishop said...

Bush places himself above the law and refuses to listen to his most trusted advisors. He's a loose canon with a short fuse and must have spent days in "time out" when he was a kid, rather than admit his faults.

He needs to go to his room and stay there...forever maybe.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with bigbuddhapuppy, gives me a warm fuzzy inside, but just for good measure: "I REALLY LOVE PRESIDENT BUSH! DO YOU HEAR THAT?!"

4:09 PM  
Blogger The Green Panda said...

I'm all for the NSA peeking in on us. 'Course, I happen to be an extremely shy exibitionist, so I'm a little bit biased.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Rex Kramer, Danger Seeker said...

C'mon, Marie. Don't you know that 9/11 changed everything, even BEFORE 9/11 changed everything?

11:57 PM  
Blogger Agi said...

You know that NSA specialists are also tapping into phone sex lines. It's all part of the War on Porn.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home