In good company (updated)
Sometimes I feel I'm the only person who thinks we don't belong in Iraq. That wars shouldn't take longer than they have to and that we should finish up and get on out of there, stat. The White House says timelines, schmimelines--we leave Iraq when we're damn well ready to leave Iraq. President Bush says that setting a timeline sends the wrong message to terrorists. I say that not setting a timeline makes us look like we don't know what the hell we are doing.
It turns out that I am not the only person who feels this way. Most Americans feel that the Iraq war hasn't made us safer, and a new poll shows that six in ten think we should withdraw troops from Iraq.
UPDATE:
Wow, looks like I'm in really good company. Donald Rumsfeld says that Iraq's security hasn't improved since Saddam's fall. He pussyfooted his way through the rest of the interview, (best quote: "A lot of bad things that could have happened have not happened." ) but bottom line: security has not improved.
There you have it. If you can't trust Donald Rumsfeld, who can you trust?


3 Comments:
If the 6 in 10 hadn't voted for Bush, we might be out of there by now...
That's lovely. A lot of bad things that could have happened haven't happened. Why, yes, the entire Iraqi population could have risen up and totally slaughtered the US troops. A lot of countries could have formed a coalition and waged war on the US until we withdrew because of the illegal invasion. That doesn't make this mess any less messy.
Iraq is a fiasco. It's all about saving face now, and, as always, about looting the US Treasury.
It's a good thing Iraq *didn't* have any weapons of mass destruction, otherwise we'd really be in trouble!
Post a Comment
<< Home