Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Still the President

I'm immature. I own a stand-up of George W. Bush with a sign around his neck reading "President Pendejo". Yesterday, I gave a guy a wedgie. But this? This is childish, yes? I first saw this on the internet a while ago, and thought nothing of it until I started actually seeing this stuff posted on front lawns and plastered to SUVs.

After the '96 race, did we see yard signs reading "Bill Clinton: Still the President" and bumperstickers with "Ha ha Bob Dole, you lost!" ? Maybe we did. Maybe I just have selective memory, or maybe I'm just in a pissy mood because it's August and I haven't got AC.

2 Comments:

Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Jesus Marie! No AC?! You're the Queen of France, for chrissakes! Get some peasants to fan you!

Boy, that sign must be awfully tempting to graffiti artists. A few quick strokes could turn it into "ShitWit" in a hurry.

3:34 AM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Oh, and I forgot to say: yes, I am Lutheran. Or was Lutheran. Swedish Lutheran. Ah, Luther! He had it tough, you know, with that rat attached to his testicles all those years.

Anyway I DO love casseroles, but my favorite part of the Lutheran experience was Funeral Cake. My father was a blind sacred song singer - very popular - and did all the funerals. Since we were poor and my folks couldn't afford a sitter us kids got to go to all the funerals. Afterwards we got funeral cake, so as to sweeten the experience of death, I guess. But the great thing was that the kitchen ladies would send all the leftover funeral cake home with the poor blind singer's family, so we'd have funeral cake for days. I once O.D.'d on funeral cake. It was glorious!

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home