George Bush Hates Black Sabbath
Every psychology dork knows about the study that shows that most white people have an implicit bias towards black people. White people on average have a harder time associating a picture of a black guy with a positive word, like "happy" or "awesome," than they do associating a picture of a white guy with a positive word.
A new study shows a strong correlation between having voted for Bush and having an implicit racial bias. While pretty much all white people have somewhat of an implicit bias, white Republicans had more of one than white Democrats.
UPDATE: If you're interested, here is a form of the implicit bias test. Like I said, almost all white people have one, so don't get freaked out about the results (black people usually don't show a bias in either direction, according to everything I've read.) I scored as having an approximately equal preference.


2 Comments:
That pretty much confirms what I've suspected my entire life.
Doesn't surprise me, although I'm sure a lot of Bush voters would scream bloody murder at the very suggestion. ("I can't be racist! I love Condi! Bush loves Condi! He chose Alberto Gonzales! *You're* the racist, you liberal elitist hypocrite. *YOU.*" seriously, I've heard arguments very like this, except for the arguer didn't actually need to be accused of bias to be prompted to make such remarks).
Post a Comment
<< Home