Osama Bin Who?
I don't normally post on other posts, but The Cunning Realist has, as always, given me a whole lot to think about. I excerpt:
On September 12, 2001, what would you have said if I told you that in 2005 the two main organizers of 9/11 would be living freely within the borders of one of our allies and casually releasing videotapes, Bush would mention Bin Laden's name only a handful of times over the next four years including statements like "I truly am not that concerned about him", and it was
left to Democrats like Harry Reid to keep the flame of outrage alive?
Would you have believed me?
I have never believed in President Bush. I never liked him and I never believed that he would do a good job. But I didn't think he would foul this up, because even I am not that cynical. I knew that before September 11th, 2002, we'd have caught Bin Laden, tried him, and executed him on national television--the American way. Perhaps even in time for Superbowl XXXVI; what a halftime show! When the days and weeks and months went by and still no Osama Bin Laden, I started thinking that maybe he'd died in his cave, or maybe he was already captured and Bush and Company were just waiting for the right time to unveil him. All of these seemed more likely than our total failure to catch him. Gawd. Osama Bin Laden murdered 3000 people and he is probably going to die of natural causes.
EDIT: (07-17) It appears that I was totally wrong. Osama Bin Laden's driver is in US Custody and faces trial. Shame on me for being such a pessimist.


2 Comments:
Sickening, isn't it? Instead of Bin Laden we have to divert our attention to Saddam who actually kept terrorists, other than himself, in line over there...
Osama Been Forgotten?
Post a Comment
<< Home