Saturday, July 09, 2005

Weird

I don't know a damn thing about economics. I was 'vetching about it in the last post, but don't even listen to me because I don't know what I'm talking about. I do not understand how it is possible for both high job cuts and low unemployment to be true. I checked. Both articles are from the same news source, talking about the same country--America--at the same time--June.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most probably, the article meant to say that COMPARITIVELY with last year or other years, unemployment is low.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

It's because people who have given up on ever finding another job, or are working two jobs to make half of what they used to make in one job, aren't counted.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In regards to Jill,

I have also heard that.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home