Saturday, July 02, 2005

The swinger has retired

What a week for the Supreme Court! To recap: Americans now have less property rights than corporations, the very important issue of the display of the ten commandments has been resolved (insum: small plaques=bad, big statues=good) and now everybody's favorite swing justice, Sandra Day O'Connor, has announced that she is retiring.
The loss of a centrist is always bad, but I'm more concerned that President Bush gets to choose the new one. Uniter Schumiter. This administration is on a hell of a power trip. Justice O'Connor is not going to be replaced by another centrist. We don't know who the president is considering yet, only that he is worried that the Senate will delay him--meaning that it is probably going to be somebody controversial.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he wants war, he could pick Janice Rodgers Brown. And we all know how fond he is of wars (necessary or not)

9:20 AM  
Blogger The Green Panda said...

In regards,
I am such a rube--I don't even know who Janice Rodgers Brown is.

In general,
Some people are debating whether he is going to pick another lady or a hispanic. This is not the issue. Thank you, people, for missing the point entirely. I would not care if he picked the whitest white man that ever lived, I just want somebody who is, you know, a good judge. And I don't think that's what we're going to get.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home