Thursday, August 18, 2005

Better Than Texas

George W. Bush and Co. are either 1. lying or 2. idiots, because they are looking over at Iraq and they are liking what they are seeing.
Or so I thought, until I remembered something: George W. Bush is from Texas. I don't know how I could forget for even one second that our president is a country boy from the great state of Texas, but hey it's been a rough week. And right now, Iraq is looking an awful lot like Texas. No wonder he likes what he sees. In fact, dare I say it? Iraq is like Texas but better.

Texas and Iraq have always been similar. Both are blazingly hot ("Oh, but it's dry heat!"), both have large minority populations, and both have a lot of scary religious people.

But consider the following:
* In Texas, gas is up to what, $2.80/gal? In Iraq, gas is holding steady at five cents a gallon. You could run over 'possums in your Ford F150 all day long for like five dollars. Honky-dory.

* In Texas, everybody and their grandmother has a gun. In Iraq, everybody and their grandmother has an AK-47.

* Texas has lethal injection. Iraq now has hangings.

* Texas has a president in a cowboy hat. Iraq's president sports a handlebar moustache (people from Texas like the handlebar 'staches for some reason).

Look at that thing. It's beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home