Bizzaro FDR
Did you know this? President Bush gives a weekly radio address. Who is he, FDR? What are we fighting here, World War II?
Maybe. According to his people, Bush is getting bored with talking about 9/11. Instead, he will now start to compare the Iraq War with everybody's favorite war, World War II.
The only comparison I can think of is that they're both really, really long. I tell you one thing they don't have in common: a good leader. Bush isn't anything like FDR. I would say that Bush is the exact opposite of FDR. He is -- Bizzaro FDR.
Consider:
- FDR was a Democrat who inherited a terrible economy from a Republican and made it better. Bush is a Republican who inherited a great economy from a Democrat and made it worse.
- FDR started Social Security. Bush and Crew are trying to end it.
- FDR stimulated the economy by putting unemployed Americans back to work. Bush stimulates the economy by giving large corporations tax breaks.
- FDR told us that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Bush signed the PATRIOT act.


2 Comments:
FDR imprisoned thousands of Japanese-American families-kids, grandparents and all-Dubya imprisons thousands of murderous terrorists.
FDR gets hundreds of thousands of America's young men killed defending Europe from a single tyrant, Georgie-boy puts down two brutal leaders and ignites hope of freedom in the Mid-East, while taking a mere fraction of the casualties compared to any prolonged conflict our nation has ever been involved in.
To give you credit:
FDR communicated well with the American people, Bush has failed, bitterly, to communicate effectively.
I'm not a great admirer of Bush for anything but his stance on Islamic terrorism. He's been weak for conservative causes during his stay, so far.
Even I, an Arkansas conservative, give a little credit to Slick-Willy.
This comparison of yours is amusing-but opens up a lot of room for harmful ones to your intended point.
Regarding the internment camps--true. I chose FDR because nearly everybody likes him, but he did have his bad side. (There was also a Supreme Court fiasco early in his presidency that nearly brought him down.)
Post a Comment
<< Home