Sunday, August 21, 2005

The hardest job in the world

Another one courtesy of the Angry Arab: Bush Confidante Begins Task of Repairing America's Image Abroad. You know, I feel really bad for Karen Hughes. Maybe she's just as smarmy as the rest of the Administration, but I really feel for somebody whose job it is to take a headline like "The Amy planning for four more years in Iraq" and make that sound good. That's got to be the hardest job in the world.
Most Americans do not approve of Bush's handling of the Iraq war. If America isn't buying it, why do they think that the people who are getting suicide bombed every day are going to buy it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

Seriously, if you were in an Iraqi's shoes (I'm not talking about some foriegn terrorist in Iraq-but a Kurd or oppressed Shiite)-what would your attitude be?

If it were me-knowing what I know about the liberty I have, I believe I'd be happy for them to stay if it meant I might enjoy that liberty which I, hypothetically, might never have had.

I'm not an Iraqi. They don't know as much as I do about the liberty I have. So, I really don't know how they think. I can only look at how many of them risked life and limb in order to vote last winter. I can only look at how many continue to line up at the recruitment stations.

1:57 AM  
Blogger The Green Panda said...

I do not doubt at all that the Iraqis want freedom. I just don't think that America is going to succeed in giving it to them.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

They'll have a better chance with America helping, won't they?

Do you actually believe that Iraq is in worse shape, today, than it was with Hussein?

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home