Friday, October 14, 2005

If I wanted fake news, I'd watch the Daily Show.

Oh wow. I was going to make fun of Bush and his fake-ass news conference, but this is way better: remember that NYC Subway terrorist threat? Well, when something like that happens, who do you think is the first person to find out about it?

If you guessed "Mayor Bloomberg," you'd be wrong. No, even the mayor of NYC isn't important enough to be the first to know about a terrorist threat. While Homeland Security was downplaying the subway story, its agents made sure that the rich and elite knew to stay off the subways.

(courtesy the Cunning Realist, of course)

The government does not care about poor people. Never has. However, the Bush Administration is absolutely unparalleled because it also does not care about the middle class. If you have less than $1,000,000 in assets and you voted for Bush, then you've been had.
Do they care about small business? Hell no. Just take a look at who's rebuilding New Orleans (hint: it's the same company that is rebuilding Iraq). No local businesses in sight.
Do they care about people who work 9-5? Just take a look at the bankruptcy bill. And remember when they took away time-and-a-half a while back?
Do they care about our troops? Maybe, but not enough to support them after they've been injured.

Okay, enough with the ranting. Have a good weekend, everybody.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YES! TRUE! SO TRUE! Thank you verbalizing things I am constantly talking about but surprised so few others are. Spread the word sister.

Kanye got it wrong. Bush doesn't care about people. Only corporations. Money. Investors. His top 1% as you said.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto to what laurenbove said

12:25 PM  
Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

Big Government Beaurocracy-gotta love it!

The truth is, if I wanted to watch fake news, I'd watch Katie and Matt in the morning on "The Today Show"-NBC.

Reporters in canoes floating on a "river" that is 4 inches deep-classic stuff from the leftist media outlet! Too bad the men-in-waders ruined the fun by walking between the camera nad the canoe!

8:29 PM  
Blogger The Green Panda said...

I'm going to have a "bullshit phrases" posting soon, and "Big Government" is at the top of the list.

Republicans are for small government? Maybe in theory, but not in practice.
The Republicans have controlled the Presidency, the House, and the Senate for five years now. They have been free to pass pretty much any law they want to. Has our government gotten smaller? Is it more efficient? Have taxes gone down significantly--for you, at least?

11:50 PM  
Blogger mary bishop said...

My faves: Activist judges, gay lifestyle, family values, character (hey what happened to character, that was a biggie?) tax and spend liberals - intelligent design (like nipples on men)

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, the nipples are all part of God's plan.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

I'm NOT a republican-I just tend to agree with their positions rather than the irresponsibility-promoting positions of the Dems.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, there was that time when we let the terrorist mastermind get away. That was pretty irresponsible. And the time when we had a prison abuse scandal and nobody got punished for it.
We're also pretty irresponsible with the environment. The earth has only a finite amount of fossil fuels but 'ell, no need to raise mpg or promote hybrid technology or alternate energy sources.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home