When your right hand doesn't know what your left is doing.
The President getting the NSA to spy on Americans: sleazy, and probably illegal. The President doing so without notifying Congress: sleazy, and definitely illegal.
A 1947 law requires that the President keep all of the Senators and Representatives serving on intelligence committees informed about, you know, intelligence matters. Like wiretapping without warrants. The White House is allowed to exclude some details in really, really extenuating circumstances, but not the existence of entire programs.


3 Comments:
I'd always thought that fascism was something that sneaks up on people and kicks everybody's asses unexpectedly. Now I see that it's not. It's all here, right in front of us. I'm not going out of my way to find this shit. Everything that I post is straight out of the mainstream media, the shit that everybody is supposed to be reading. And if you're not pissed off, then you haven't been paying attention.
The NSA is spying on calls to foreign numbers associated with Al Qaeda. Sleazy? No. Necessary? Yes.
> The NSA is spying on calls to foreign numbers associated with Al Qaeda. Sleazy? No. Necessary? Yes.
Really? It was necessary not to tell anybody in Congress about it?
Post a Comment
<< Home