Wednesday, February 01, 2006

We elected a president, not a dictator

I need to make two things clear. First of all, the President needs to stop saying that the warrantless spying program could've prevented 9/11, because pretty much everybody except for him knows that it wouldn't have. The reason we didn't catch the hijackers wasn't because we couldn't get a warrant on them, it's because we didn't pay attention to the information that was already in front of our faces. We were sloppy, and it cost us.
Second of all, saying that you need warrantless wiretaps to keep us safe...okay, I'm going to use an analogy that I think fits pretty well. What if the chief of police said that he could clean up crime in your city, but not unless he was allowed to search people's cars without warrants? 'Truth is, that definitely /would/ keep the city safer, but fuck him. He should be able to do his job without breaking the law. It's not like there aren't already thousands of legal ways to stop criminals.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That IS a good analogy, exactly the way they want it.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

By the way, I came from Blognonymous.

5:48 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I agree, good analogy. Once you realize that just about everything they say is a lie, then it all makes sense, nonsense.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home