Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Maybe it's something in the water.

(Aka, the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.)

I know I'm going to damage my street cred by saying this, but I do not understand the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I explain: I pretty much understand the *history* of the conflict. I understand what is *happening* over there. I know my Hamas from my hummus, you know?

But every day or so, I read an article that makes me go WTF: Israel puts off decision on Gaza pullout delay. You're reading that right. Israel...wants to delay their decision...to delay pulling out of Gaza.

oh, and we have a new Pope.

Woo-hoo! Looks like Szatmari's made a killing on the Pope Betting Pool! Do you think I'd go to hell if I spend my Pope betting money on bacardi and speedballs, or should I do something holy with it like make a donation to Tom Delay's legal fund, after everybody in this country stops being insane and Tom Delay is put on trial for...well, I think it would be easier to say what he *isn't* accused of:
1. grand theft auto
2. pope betting

Edit: Tom Delay bet on Francis Arenze. Ha ha, looks like somebody's out $50!

4 Comments:

Blogger mary bishop said...

This month's Atlantic Monthly has a great article on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict...I haven't read it but husband says it is so worth reading..you might be intersted.

10:06 PM  
Blogger mary bishop said...

intersted? Hmmm I sound like a Vermont farmer ayuh...

11:57 AM  
Blogger The Green Panda said...

Yes-yes. Where can I find this article?

1:14 PM  
Blogger mary bishop said...

The Atlantic Monthly | May 2005

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/prem/200505/schwarz

Read it and it is worth buying the magazine to read it....(imho)

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home