Morality
I always loved how conservatives didn't give a rat's ass about AIDS until they realized that straight people could get it too.
* All the gains we've made at reducing AIDS in Uganda might be reversed because certain Christian groups and the Administration they control are promoting abstinence-only education. According to the Human Rights Watch, we're increasing our funding to the area but cutting key information, even spreading falsehoods about the effectiveness of condoms.
* Brilliant pointed out that the Family Research Counsel is against a vaccination for HPV (human papilloma virus) because it's an STD. These people think that such a vaccination, even though it could pretty much end cervical cancer, is bad because it might encourage girls to have sex.
There are so many things wrong with this argument, but I'm bored and I want to stop writing. I recently got my tetnus booster, so I think I'll go outside and play with some rusty nails. Ciao ciao.


4 Comments:
Hey CD - paying a visit...I like your blog and love your politics...
Glad to see like minds in the blogosphere...
My apologies...I meant CB but since I love music so much my b-finger hopped over to the d key.
Hey, I really like your analogy at the end of playing with rusty nails :). Really a succint point to uphold in front of anybody who says condom is going to make people have more sex.
in re KL: who said I was kidding?
Post a Comment
<< Home