Tuesday, June 21, 2005

They aren't even trying

Just hours after Bush tells reporters to go down to Guantanamo themselves and see how much fun everybody is having there, the White House denies the Democrats' call for an independent commission to actually, you know, go to Guantanamo and check everything out.

I'm flummoxed. Nothing is making any goddamn sense. We've got the FBI, nearly four years after 9/11 still not requiring that their counterterrorism supervisors have a background in stuff like Arabic, and Middle Eastern politics. In my college, if I had minored in middle eastern history I was required at least two semesters of Arabic. But counterterrorism supervisors don't have to know it? And the US has captured Saddam Fucking Hussein but takes its damn sweet time to even interrogate him? What, are we trying to lose this war?

1 Comments:

Blogger mary bishop said...

I'm flummoxed. Nothing is making any goddamn sense..CB

I am flummoxed also, and by the way, I adore the word flummoxed.

Way better than non plussed.

I can barely stand to read the news. There is no more watching of the news...while our country dies, bit by bit, we watch runaway brides and incessant footage of a lost boy scout or a woman who passes out prayer cards to the father of the suspect who might be responsible for her daughter's fate.

And we still have the Schaivo parents and Jeb to keep our minds off what is really happening.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home