What Would Jesus Drink?
The Telegraph reports that Pat Robertson is in trouble because he has been plugging his diet drink on his show. It's illegal to use your tax exempt status to sell anything, and he's now under fire from some government group.
Isn't that the cheesiest thing you've ever heard? How does he work Pat's Age-Defying Shake into his sermons?
And on the fifth day, the Lord said "Let there be Pat's Age-Defying Shake, to quench the thirst of Adam (who I haven't created yet) and give him the energy he needs to get through the day." And it was so. And God saw that it was delicious.
UPDATE: When he isn't promoting his diet 'shake, Pat Robertson is calling for the assassination of Hugo Chavez. You can't accuse him of slacking off, eh? Anyway, Venezuela's pissed off.
This is what happens when you don't have cable. I hear about the assassination story an hour after I hear about the diet 'shake story.


6 Comments:
Heh, heh. Pat Robertson puts it out there, doesn't he?
The Chavez thing-I agree with him. I know that the standard response will be: "Well, it is illegal for our government to murder a democratically elected leader of a foriegn country". Come on! Democratically elected? Also: "In that case, Bush should be a target since he 'stole' the last two elections." Yeah....okay....if you say so.
I was not offended by the Chavez remark. I just think it's hilarious how seriously we take Pat Robertson. He says "kill Chavez" and the US has to issue a disclaimer saying no, it's okay guys, we're not actually going to kill Chavez.
Bush stealing the last two elections? That's crazy talk.
Everybody knows that he only stole the 2000 one.
LOL!
Jesus is one guy who I'd invite to parties because of his ability to turn water into wine.
ah its o.k when the U.S 'actually'tried to kill Fidel Castro ( a democartically elected representative of Cuba) or when Saddam (democratically elected representative of the people of iraq) or the illegal arrest of General Noriega (a representative of the people of panama) but hell who cares... as long as we can get Pat for his 'remarks'on Chavez.
(It's better than that. Castro was democratically elected due to our influence. And we used to be best friends with Saddam.)
A lot of people are shocked and outraged about what Pat said, but I'm not. Pat can say whatever he wants. I don't care. I think that having Chavez knocked off is a bad idea--if we failed, it would be a disaster, politically. But people have a right to believe in bad ideas. There is too much going on for me to waste my outrage on Pat Robertson.
Post a Comment
<< Home