Fiscal Responsibility?
Here is your fucking fiscal responsibility right here. We need to stop stereotyping Republicans as being good with money. As the current administration shows, even Republicans can be wasteful and irresponsible. We're talking $80 coffee makers, $20 ice cube trays, $23,000 refrigerators. $1,000,000 for six run-down cars. When the government isn't buying what had better be the greatest coffee machine on earth, it's using your tax dollars to spy on you illegally.
Don't even tell me that "you shouldn't be worried if you have nothing to hide." If I ever ran for public office, my opponent would have nothing on me. There would be nothing to put in those attack ads, because I've never done anything illegal in my life. I've never even had a parking ticket. But I still don't like being spied on and, more importantly, I have a right not to be spied on.
(edit: a big 10-4 to No More Mr. Nice Blog and Suburban Guerilla for the articles.)


5 Comments:
If I ever ran for public office, my opponent would have nothing on me. There would be nothing to put in those attack ads, because I've never done anything illegal in my life.
Of course your opponent could still spread lies and misinformation about you, as in the case of John McCains "black child".
That's true. I would really be interested in knowing who started that one.
This is kind of off-topic but, what is the point of the ACLU card? I've received half a dozen of them in the mail, but hell if I'm carrying them. Seems like the only purpose they serve is to allow your running mate to say "he's a card-carrying member of the ACLU."
Sometimes, usually while I'm going over a particularly snarky post, cleaning out most of the swear words, I'll think that perhaps I'm being childish about this whole thing. And then I remember that I'm no more childish than the people running this country.
Republicans ARE good with money. Their own.
Then I guess the question is, are they truly incapable of balancing a budget, or do they just not want to?
Post a Comment
<< Home