Why corporations are better than regular people, part II
One of the best things about web logging is that you learn so much. I know I've learned a lot. Did you know that corporations have the same rights as people? Not all the same rights--not yet, at least, but every day the powers that be are working to right this travesty.
I just couldn't believe it when I heard it. Because from what I've seen, corporations have more rights than us.
Here's an example: would the government give me fifteen days advance warning so that I'd have time to hide all the illegal child labor working in my garden? No? Then why do they extend Wal*Mart that courtesy? I can get fined $200 for throwing a Starbucks cup out my car window, but if I were a corporation I could dump toxic waste on a baby seal and get a tax cut for my trouble.
edit: A more reasonable example. I have an illegal alien sleeping on my couch. He's just staying here, he doesn't work for us or anything. You know that I could go to jail for up to five years for that? Or pay a big-assed fine. Apparently it's a felony to harbor illegal aliens. Who knew?
Considering that Wal*Mart's workforce is estimated at 25% illegal, the execs should be in jail until the Iraq war is over.


1 Comments:
Yep. I actually knew that about corporations, funny enough. They also enjoy First Amendment protection in some instances.
Post a Comment
<< Home