Thursday, March 09, 2006

Back from the grave

I didn't die or get arrested or get thrown out of school or become a scientologist. I was gone, but now I'm back.
I've been following the Dubai case for a couple of weeks now, and I think I've figured out what is going on. This isn't about Republicans versus Democrats. This isn't even about outsourcing national security to a country with diplomatic ties to the Taliban. This is about how much you trust this president.
And people are increasingly standing up and saying that they don't. 70% of Americans oppose the port deal, and most senators and reps. also oppose.

7 Comments:

Blogger Frederick said...

I took most of Feb off as well. Dubai is going to be Bush's Waterlou...there only so much piling on I feel comfortable with. But hey, it's March...Game On!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

Hooray! She's back. And with an astute observation, I might add.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Mags said...

You're back! Yay! I missed you too!

And I'm glad you didn't go off to become a Scientologist. I like you and all, but I'm not jumping on no couches.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were asked to host the Academy Awards and were replaced by Jon Stewart at the last minute, right? Anyway welcome back.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

Glad you're back, Marie! I think the American people have been duped by a vindictive Democratic left and a Republican right running scared. I disagree with Bush on a LOT of issues, but on the war he is right. The next congress will be filled with many new faces--both Republican and Democrat. I say that third-parties will gain more seats than ever. This port-deal thingy will come back to haunt us.

11:10 AM  
Blogger mary bishop said...

Hey...my comment the other day never made it on here...it was basically glad you're back Marie...

9:24 PM  
Blogger Just Call Me Fabulous said...

Glad to see you back, dear Marie. I was disappointed when I thought my favorite French monarch turned hilarious blogger had disappeared off the face of the earth. And you're absolutely right.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home